Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mallory | Michael {Conway Engagements}

Hey everyone!

Ice day= edit day in the Shingleur house! Yesterday Lance didn't have to work, so we spent the whole day doing whatever we wanted to do! (everyone needs one of those days every once in a while) Today, the flower shop was open for business, so Lance has been working all day as have I! I've spent the day on the couch with my doggie and a glass of tea, digging through several photo sessions that we've recently piled up.

I'm so excited to share Mallory and Michael's adorable engagement session tonight! Mallory and Michael have been some of our friends for several years now and it was such a blast hanging out with them on a beautiful Saturday evening. We explored downtown Conway and Toad Suck Park and found lots of cool places to shoot. Lance and I LOVE getting to shoot in places that we've never shot before. It just gets our creative juices flowing!

Mallory and Michael are so adorable together! You can totally tell that they are crazy perfect for each other. Don't believe me? Here's Mallory's viewpoint:

One early morning in September, I was supposed to be having breakfast with a friend in the SAU cafeteria. Little did I know that, we were meeting up with some other people. Michael just happened to be one of those people. That morning, he sat down across from me and we barely said two words to one another. Later on that day, we ran into one another. As we were passing one another, I said, “Hey Michael. How’s it going?” He was so impressed that I remembered his name, so we chatted for a few minutes. Before we left, he made it a point to say “See you later?!” Of course, I agreed and went on about my day. A few days later, we ran into one another again and he asked me out. Our first date was watching a Razorback football game and eating fried chicken. If you know us at all, this was definitely the perfect date! On September 26, 2010, he asked me to be his girlfriend! From that point forward, we began falling in love with one another! Fast forward three years to November 23, 2013…I thought that I would be sneaky and surprise him with tickets to a Razorback football game for his birthday. So, I called him bright and early and told him to get ready and that I would pick him up shortly because we had a football game to attend. Little did I know that he had bigger plans for us that day! We met up with my parents in Little Rock and walked down to the game. After a very disappointing loss, we headed to the mall to meet my best friend. While the girls got their nails done, the guys walked around the mall. Afterwards, I told Michael that we were all going to meet his parents for dinner. Well, on the way to the restaurant, I let Michael drive. On the way, he took a “wrong” turn. When he realized it, he informed me that he was just going to go down here and turn around. Of course, I didn’t think anything about it. Well, when he goes to turn around, he winds up parking. As I looked around, I noticed this horse and carriage. At that moment, I knew something big was about to happen. He told me to bundle up and get the blanket. So, we hop on the carriage and go for a ride. He asks the lady to take us down in front of the Clinton Library and over to the park. In the meantime, we are just laughing and enjoying the adventure. Once we started approaching the library, he looked at me so sweetly and said, “You know I love you right?!” I nodded and told him that I loved him too. As we made the turn in front of the library, there stood a bunch of people holding signs. The signs read, “Will you marry me?” He pulled me out of the carriage, grabbed me by the hands, looked me in the eyes, and said, “I love you with all of my heart!” He dropped to one knee, pulled the ring out of his sock, and asked me to marry him! Of course, I said YES!

So sweet right?? We are so excited about their June wedding in El Dorado, Arkansas! :)






















Happy, Happy Tuesday everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment