Friday, May 16, 2014

Jillian | Tanner {Engagements}

Hello everyone!!

We have a first to share with you at Shingleur Photo tonight! We got to take engagement photos of two brothers within like three weeks of each other! Emily's Logan and Jillian's Tanner are brothers and we got to visit their lovely home twice for their engagement sessions.

Jillian and Tanner have a much different love story than their brother and future sister in law. Tanner actually wrote their experience through his perspective. Let me tell ya,  Tanner's favorite thing might not have been pictures (like 90% of all grooms...Tanner nailed the sesh by the way) but he totally nailed this description. Wow, if you have a moment read it all the way through. You won't regret it.

"I can still remember the moment I first saw her. It must have been a Saturday. The best things always seem to happen on Saturday. Some friends and I decided it would be a wonderful day to spend at Price Hole. We had hoped to have the place to ourselves since tomfoolery is often only appreciated by a select few. To my lifelong fortune, we had no such luck on that particular occasion. We discovered upon reaching the place that we would not be alone in our swim. Another group was there along with two womenfolk. The first to catch the eyes of my companions was the short blonde. The blonde might have been invisible to me in comparison to the woman next to her. I knew better than to foolishly present myself to this beautiful stranger. It was not until weeks later weeks late that I learned the name of the person who would be my future wife. My friend had informed me that he had added "that girl from price hole" on Facebook. Jillian Story was her name. It was then that I began to have little bit of hope. If she would add a random face she probable did not remember seeing then why not another. I chewed on the thought for quite some time, trying to get my courage up and push the thoughts of creepy stalker out of my head. Finally I took the step. I clicked the mouse and sent my chance to know this woman, this Jillian. All my hopes and prayers were answered when she accepted my request. I went another few agonizing days trying to decide how to greet her and start a conversation. In a stroke of brilliance came up with the still talked about one-liner. "Hi". It worked like a charm to my joy. We got to know each other and finally I asked her for her number. We talked daily, on the phone or texting. In the early years I did not get to spend much time with her but through our correspondence with one another we slowly grew closer to each other as friends. Friendship was nice but as often happens in these sorts of relationships someone gets greedy and I was quickly becoming dissatisfied with being "just friends". It was during Jillian's senior year of high school that I got my big break. We were to the point to where I was comfortable enough talking to her that I thought she might go our for the evening with me. I asked and she agreed. We ate mexican food (that's her favorite) and overall had a spectacular evening. We began dating regularly during the early part of her senior year, but it did not last. I was heartbroken. I still texted her and talked to her every now and again. It was during this time I truly realized the extent of my love for Jillian and she was the one that I needed to be with forever. The summer after she graduated we became a couple again. This relationship was so much deeper than before. We talked about our feelings and told each other secrets we had not dared to tell before. We became best friends and we were inseparable. She was as radiant as ever and my best friend. Our relationship was like a fairy tale, but like fairy tales often go, terrible things began to happen. Jillian went through major changes within her family and was forced into a situation where she had to focus more on others than herself at times. I thought she had lost interest and made the decision to break off our relationship. It was the hardest decision of my life. I wanted her to be happy more than anything. I still do. I believed I was doing what was best for her. It turns out it just ended up in two months of her and myself being miserable until the day she called me and said "I cannot live without you." Those words ignited our fire once again. Our love to this day has not flickered. Of course we have our promised trials and tribulations but not in our love. Problems arise but together we overcome them. I know there is nothing that can break my love for this woman now. I proposed to Jillian at a place called the Catfish Hole after a despairing loss at the hands of the South Caroline Gamecocks. My grand plan to ask her in the midst of a victorious razorback celebration was crushed but I could not go another day letting the love of my life wait for my promise to be her husband. During a moment when our friends were absent Jillian said " I want to get engaged." I was ready for it. I had already slipped the engagement ring from my keychain where it had hung all day. I asked the question I had been yearning to ask for what seemed like forever. I said "well how about now", as I held out the ring to her. She said yes. If I never do anything else of worth in my whole life, I can die confident that I found something few people ever find. I found the one. I found my true love. We will get married on December 13 of this year and that day cannot get here fast enough. We both can hardly wait. I cannot wait to marry Jillian and I know she cannot wait to marry me. She loves me without any doubt. I am so incredibly strange and she loves me in all of my strangeness. she is not as strange as I but is without a doubt an oddity as well. I lover her that way. I would have her no other way. It is what makes her so special to me. I will be with her and she will be with me, always and forever."


Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to say after that, haha. 
Ok, now check out the adorable couple that goes along with this amazing story!! :D
























Happy, Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment