Friday, January 23, 2015

#ShingleurstakeDallas

Hey everyone!

As most of you know, we do all of our work out of our home office! The convenience of having everything right under your nose is unbeatable! However, it will make for some long work days if we aren't careful! We are the kind of people that will work for 10-15 hours straight without even realizing it... The editing, the paperwork, the blogging, marketing, packaging, mailing and the list goes on and on and on! If we get an email at 11:00 at night, and are still awake, I'll probably just go ahead and respond to the email. It's just how we roll!

You can probably see how it could get tiering feeling like you're never actually at 'home', but always at work! So, when we get an opportunity to unplug, we run with it!

This past weekend we decided (last minute) to road trip to Dallas! We called a good friend to come stay and house-sit for us and take care of our fur babies! We left Saturday afternoon and returned on Monday. I guess I'm just weird and can't turn my phone off unless I go out of country. I was still responding to emails and texts all weekend, but it didn't feel like 'business'. If that even makes sense. I mean, who wants to come home to a ton of emails? PLUS, we love our clients and brides and want to take the best care of them possible! There's just something about getting AWAY from my home office that does something for me!

We DID take our camera. We don't go anywhere without it! You never know when your going to feel like having a random spontaneous unplanned photo shoot! Shingleur Photography started a LONG time ago when it was a hobby of mine and Kat's to go out and take pictures of each other. Of course, it wasn't anything professional, but it was what we liked to call 'fun'! So, we decided to relive our teenage years for a little bit while we were in Dallas and do a quick little shoot!




In the picture above, I wadded up my flannel shirt and sat my camera on it. Set the self-timer, and DONE! One take! 






And a little selfie for the books...




Dallas treated us well! We will definitely be returning!

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment