Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello, Old Friend :)

Hello blogger world! Long time, no see!

I'm a little embarrassed to be writing this blog today because the last time I sat at this spot was last September! Whoops! We really do have a good excuse though. It seemed like life happened and our blog was something that took the backseat.

Here's a little update on our lives these past 9 or so months:

I (Kathryn) finished a WHOLE year of teaching 5th grade for the first time. I still have most of my hair and my beautician is doing a great job of covering up the gray (I'm sure it is there). I honestly had no clue how much blood, sweat and tears went into teaching.  I will never, ever, have to repeat my first year, AND BOY AM I GLAD! In all honesty, I would do it again because it was absolutely amazing. It feels wonderful to be getting paid for what you are called to do!

Here's a pic of me and some of my kiddos on the last day of school (excuse the poor iPhone front facing camera quality, haha). We had a great year!  

Another big event happened in our lives since we last spoke, and it made our business go from "Shingleur & Young" to "Shingleur & Shingleur." That's right! We finally tied the knot! :) We had an AMAZZZZINGGGG wedding on March 16, complete with 75 degrees and sunny weather. We had almost 300 guest who came to celebrate and our decorations really transformed our home church. Our wonderful photographer friend, Melissa McCrotty, captured our special day for us, and the pictures turned out to be even more than what we could have dreamed! We completed our wonderful celebration with a fabulous trip to Cozumel, Mexico. (P.S. I WANT TO GO BACK RIGHT NOW!!)

One of my favorite photos from the day! 


Here's a picture from our Honeymoon. We stayed at Aura Secrets Resorts, and it was heaven! :)  


So now, our lives are finally starting to become "normal." (Not sure "us" and "normal" can fit into the same sentence, haha)

Even though our blog has been sluggish, our business has not! So far, since starting our business one year ago we have gotten to shoot 15ish weddings with MANY more to come in 2013. We are having an AMAZING time and we are so thankful for God sending our clients to us. Our clients seem so much more like friends than customers really. :)

So, now that our blog world is updated on "The Shingleur's" keep your eyes peeled this week for an amazing post of one of our past weddings in May!

Happy, Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This post was very well written, and it also comprises a lot of useful facts. I enjoyed your differentiated way of composing the post. Thanks, you have made it very simple for me to realise.
    starting a business in mexico

    ReplyDelete