Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kathryn's 25th {A Birthday to Remember}

Hey everyone!

Today is a special blog... more about the life of Kathryn and I instead of our crazy photog life! And it's a little long, but I'm not apologizing! Just bear with me! There's a lot of details to cover!

As some of you may know, Kathryn turned 25! I'm all about going big and celebrating. It's just in my blood. 25 seems like a pretty big 'milestone'' birthday... it's one of those where you just think, "Oh man, I really am getting old..." And to all of you people out there who are thinking "TWENTY-FIVE ISN'T OLD!" You're right! It isn't old! But its that age where you stand in the mirror and think 'am I too old to be wearing this' or 'my prime was 5 years ago' or 'I can totally get by with just some mascara and nothing else'... am I right?!

Im not going to say that I look for opportunities to 'go all out', but I do realize that sometimes I just can't help it! Every since I can remember, doing things for Kathryn that are just over the top fab just does something for me. Maybe it's a love language. Maybe it's because she's queen and I treat her like one. Maybe it's just because it's fun! Channeling my inner event planner is not a difficult thing to do. I worked in event planning for 5+ years and it just becomes a part of who you are. Either way, I went all out for her 25th!

Here's the story:

Kathryn teaches 5th Grade at Russellville Upper Elementary! So on her birthday I had a home-made invitation delivered to school with balloons attached!

NOTE: *Some of the images were taken with my iPhone... who really has time to carry a big old camera around with you all day everyday?! Not this photog!*

*Above*
Because plain-ole white balloons aren't enough, I painted gold metallic around the base and dressed it up with gold streamers and black feathers! 

*Below*
The invitation! Hello!

As you can see, the invitation says 3:30... which is immediately when she gets out of school. So she arrived home around that time and there was a note on the garage door that said 'There is a note on the Kitchen Bar"... so she opened the door and went to the kitchen and read "Welcome home! Hope you've had a great birthday so far! Please drop everything and go straight to your bathroom!" 

So she laid her purse and teacher bags down and went to her bathroom. (I'm hiding out during all of this!) I had a hot rose petal bubble bath ready for her. Candles... Everywhere. There was a note on her towel beside the tub that said "Soak as long as you'd like then go to the bedroom." So she go out of the tub and went to the bedroom to find a new outfit waiting on her! She got dressed and found a note that said 'go back to the bathroom'. While she was getting dressed I snuck into the bathroom and cleaned it up really quick and taped a new note to the mirror that said "Photoshoot and Dinner at 5:30."

So, she got all dolled up and we left for a quick photoshoot! Because everyone needs to feel like a model on their 25th, right?! HELLO!

After the photoshoot, we went back home where I had prepared dinner. We ate, talked, I sang Happy Birthday to her, blowed out candles, cut the cake, we danced to the slow smooth jazz (our favorite) music playing, and acted our usual crazy. 

Typical evening for us really... deserts, dancing and acting crazy. 

Here's some pictures of dinner! 



A little pattern mixing with stripes and cheetah print never killed anyone, right?! And hello to glitter dipped feathers! ...it's the small details that really let your wife know you care, men! 


In the picture below, you can get a glimpse of the Magnolia Leaf wall I made. It was time consuming, but totally worth it! Each leaf was individually places, painted and glittered! Statement piece, check!



 Shoutout to The Cake Place to being incredible!



Cutest cake ever! Again, thanks to The Cake Place! Y'all are rock stars!


So that was dinner, and here is her little mini-photoshoot! We lost light by the time she was done getting ready so we did what we could! She's just beautiful!


Props? Check. 







Pampering: Indulge with every attention, comfort, and kindness; spoil. That's one of my jobs as a husband. And I love every second of it! We are blessed to have each other and certainly excited to live our lives together! 

Love you Kat! 

Happy Thursday!




1 comment:

  1. What makes this planner really great, is how she can handle a crisis. 3 weeks before my wedding date, my mother suffered a medical emergency that required surgery and subsequent hospital recovery. The corporate event planning team was extremely crucial in helping us cancel the vendors, pick a later date and then re-confirming all the little details that we had set up originally.

    ReplyDelete